In 2015, we used this blog forum to talk about how our future digital business world is being shaped by some key technologies, what impact they are having and the resulting societal challenges they are bringing about. You may have listened to the podcasts from ‘Aurora’, Sopra Steria’s horizon scanning team that discussed digital automation and human augmentation.
In 2016, we are broadening our research and focusing on three areas of disruptive technology and the effect they have on us as individuals, the world of work and the planet as a whole. We are even more fascinated by where these stories interconnect, as shown on the matrix below:
Listen to our first podcast of 2016 where we describe the approach for our research and an insight into areas that we are interested in – and getting excited about!
We are hoping to include guest speakers for our future podcasts, so let us know your ideas for them and thoughts about our areas of research for 2016.
Leave a reply below or contact us by email.
Don’t forget to follow the team on Twitter:
And enjoy our Flipboard magazine on iOS, Android and Windows devices.
Description of Aurora’s six areas of research in 2016
- The digital human: interacting with services and each other through ubiquitous devices and data-driven experiences
- The organic enterprise: flexible, distributed, collaborative and networked organisations
- The connected planet: a crowded, ageing, more connected and fluid world
- Intelligent insight and automation: the increase in the application of prescriptive analytics and automation to augment or displace human activity
- Ubiquitous interaction: the growth of sensing and interface technologies that make interactions between humans and computers more fluid, intuitive and pervasive
- Distributed disruption: the growth of decentralised processes enabled by the adoption of technologies which assure and automate security and trust